The restaurants are recognized among other winners from all over the world as top destinations for wine lovers.
MGM Resorts International Executive Director of Wine Jason Smith said, “In order to provide the best experience possible for our guests, we strive to curate superior wine lists that complement the cuisine at each distinct venue within our resorts. It’s an honor that 28 of our restaurants received prestigious awards from Wine Spectator.”
Wine Spectator began its program to recognize the world’s best wine lists in 1981. There are three levels: the Award of Excellence, the Best of Award of Excellence and the Grand Award—with 2,414; 1,093; and 88 winners this year in each respective category. Seven of the Grand Award winners are first timers.
MGM Resorts International Restaurants have won the following 2016 Wine Spectator Awards:
AWARD OF EXCELLENCE:
The Award of Excellence recognizes restaurants whose wine lists feature a well-chosen assortment of quality producers along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style.
• Luxor: TENDER Steak & Seafood
BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE:
Best of Award of Excellence recipients offer more extensive selections with significant vintage depth and excellent breadth across multiple regions. Winners include:
• ARIA: barMASA, BARDOT Brasserie, Blossom, Carbone, Jean Georges Steakhouse, Julian Serrano, Sage
• Bellagio: Harvest by Roy Ellamar, Jasmine, Lago by Julian Serrano, Le Cirque, Michael Mina Bellagio, Todd English’s Olives, Prime Steakhouse
• Delano Las Vegas: RIVEA
• Mandalay Bay: Fleur by Hubert Keller, STRIPSTEAK
• MGM Grand Detroit: Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina, Wolfgang Puck Steak
• MGM Grand Las Vegas: Craftsteak, L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon, Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House, Fiamma Trattoria & Bar
• Monte Carlo: Andre’s Restaurant & Lounge
The Grand Award is the program’s highest honor. This elite group comprises the world’s best wine programs, which deliver serious breadth of top producers, outstanding depth in mature vantages, a selection of large-format bottles, excellent harmony with the menu and superior presentation. Wine Spectator carefully assesses each Grand Award candidate, including rigorous independent, on-site inspections of the wine program, cellar, service, ambiance and cuisine of the restaurant. Winners include:
• Bellagio: Picasso
• Mandalay Bay: Aureole
• MGM Grand Las Vegas: Joël Robuchon Restaurant